Who should apply for a Prospective Marriage 300 Visa?

If you want to enter Australia before marriage, you are eligible to apply for Partner Prospective Visa (Subclass 300) to stay in Australia with your fiance, who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen once you meet the relationship requirement.


Once this visa is granted, you can marry your prospective spouse and apply for a Partner (subclasses 820 and 801) visa before your Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) expires


Relationship – Married or in a de facto relationship

Your relationship to your partner must be:

  • Intention to marry your prospective spouse;
  • Have met and know your prospective spouse &
  • Be at least 18 years of age.

Processing Times

Your Prospective Marriage 300 Visa Application is a Temporary Visa that lasts for only 9 months. It cannot be extended.


75 percent of applications processed in 18 months.

90 percent of applications processed in 23 months.


Start to prepare your Partner Visa Application

There are some key forms and evidences which must be provided in your Prospective Marriage visa application.






Form 80 Declaration (Applicant and Sponsor)

Military Discharge Papers

Police Check from Residence Abroad

AFP Police Certificates


IDENTITY – Applicant

Certified copy of applicant passport and national identity documents.

Certified copy of applicant Birth Certificate

Certified copy of applicant Police Records in all countries of residence.

Current CV of applicant

Recent tax invoices showing name and home address

Proof of health examination of applicant

Recent photo of applicant


IDENTITY – Sponsor

Certified copy of sponsor passport and driver’s license

Recent photo of sponsor

Current CV of sponsor

Certified copy of sponsor Birth Certificate

Recent tax invoices showing name and home address

Australian Police Check of sponsor


Related posts